Gutters form a vital part of every home. But if not well maintained, over time there will be debris build-up within your gutters. If the build-up is left to stay then it will begin to block your gutters thereby preventing free flow of water while causing overflowing. This may eventually damage the gutters, the foundation, fascias, your paintwork and the brickwork requiring you to spend a lot of money in repair bills. That is why every homeowner should always ensure his or her gutters are clean and in good working condition by working with a gutter cleaning service company.
Hire a gutter cleaning service to unblock your gutters
Most people dread having to go onto their roof every fall to clean-up out their gutters. While your gutters need to be cleaned, you don’t have to do the cleaning services yourself. It is possible to work with residential gutter cleaning or a commercial gutter cleaning company to unblock your gutters. It is really an inexpensive service that can help you save the commitment. Hiring the services of professional to unblock your gutters has many benefits including:
- Saves you from the risk of climbing a ladder so you can unblock hard-to-reach areas
- Your gutters will be unblocked in a fraction of time for a fraction of the cost
- They have the necessary equipment to remove even the most stubborn clogs
- Prolongs the life of your gutters
Why your gutters are blocked
Blocked gutters can be nuisance especially during winter seasons in Johannesburg and Pretoria. But knowing the root cause of the problem can help prolong the life of your gutters. Here are the main reasons why your gutters are blocked.
- Proximity to trees- trees tend to shed leaves all year and these leaves could find their way into your gutters
- Thawing of snow on the roof which eventually slides onto the gutter and freezes into ice during winter season
- Poorly designed or installed gutter downspout that could easily trap debris at the entry or exit points
Why your gutters are leaking
Leaking gutters can damage the foundation of your property as well as the siding if left unattended. While the leaks may occur in every gutter material from PVC to galvanized steel to aluminum, some materials are more durable than others. With that said, let’s have a look at some of the common reasons your gutters could be leaking.
- Loose fasteners whether your gutter is fastened to the roof with nails, hangers or screws
- Cracks especially where the fasteners go through the metal or where the gutter sections are joined together
- Misplaced joints as a result of improper installation
- Holes as a results of old age, corrosion and rusting
We unblock gutters in Johannesburg and Pretoria
We provide a specialized gutter cleaning service to unblock your gutters throughout Johannesburg and Pretoria. Well equipped for the job, we are able to unblock even gutters that are positioned awkwardly which a ladder could not reach. With our experience in the industry, we believe we have what it takes to keep your gutters in good condition all year round. So don’t take the chances with your home. Get a qualified and reputable gutter cleaning company to unblock your gutters today.